Designed for Working Professionals
Our Master of Science in Information Security Engineering (MSISE) program is designed to be completed while you work full time, applying the cyber security concepts and technical skills you learn in class on the job. To help you balance work, school, and life, we offer a variety of course delivery options — including a 100% online option — and personalized support from a student advisor from start to finish.
Next application deadlines: November 1 to start in January or February 2024; February 1 to start in April or May 2024
- Join a free online info session for insider tips on Crafting a Strong Cybersecurity Master's Degree Application on Tue, Oct 3 at 1 pm (ET). Register here.
The SANS.edu Advantage
Earn 9 industry-recognized GIAC cybersecurity certifications.
Learn the latest skills and techniques from the world's top cybersecurity practitioners.
Make connections with some of the most talented students and teachers in the industry.
Our programs are designed to fit into your busy life and work schedule.
100% Online Option
You have the option of completing the program through live or rewindable online courses.
SANS.edu Academic Pricing
Get SANS.edu academic pricing on SANS courses and GIAC certifications.
Join an Online Info Session for Graduate Cybersecurity Programs
- Get tips on crafting a strong application to our cybersecurity master’s degree program and information on the next steps in the admissions process. Tue, Oct 3, 1 pm (ET). Register here.
- Learn more about our cybersecurity master's degree and graduate certificate programs for working professionals. Have questions? We'll answer them. Tue, Oct 10, 12 pm (ET). Register here.
- Learn about our 8 highly technical, job-specific graduate certificate programs for working professionals. Tue, Oct 17, 12 pm (ET). Register here.
Gain Depth of Knowledge
Build your professional reputation by contributing to our collection of peer-reviewed graduate student research papers, considered for publication in the SANS Reading Room and industry journals.
Focus on Leadership
Prepare to lead through a carefully designed curriculum that develops both technical expertise and management and communication skills.
- Technical, hands-on coursework gives you skills you can apply immediately on the job.
- Simulations like NetWars deepen your understanding of new and underlying technologies.
- Management, policy development, and communications coursework and group projects simulate the organizational leadership roles you expect to take on.
Customize your cyber security master's degree with an optional Special Focus Area.
- Cloud Security
- Cyber Defense Operations
- Incident Response
- Industrial Control Systems
- Penetration Testing
- Security Management
Course Delivery Options
Join the Winning Team
The SANS Technology Institute Sentinels earned the #1 Power Ranking and won the spring 2023 National Cyber League (NCL) team competition in the Experienced Student bracket, repeating their victory from spring 2022. Meet the winning team.
Congratulations to all the SANS.edu Sentinels teams, each of which made the Top 100 in their respective Standard Student or Experienced Student brackets.
Tuition: Approximately $54,000 in total
Tuition includes the cost of the course, textbooks, and certification tests that serve as exams for courses.
Students who have taken SANS training classes and have active GIAC certifications can waive up to 9 credit hours toward the cyber security master’s degree.
Get More Info
About the SANS Technology Institute
Founded in 2005, the SANS Technology Institute (SANS.edu) is the independent, regionally-accredited, VA-approved subsidiary of SANS, the world's largest and most trusted provider of cybersecurity training, certification, and research. Offering graduate and undergraduate programs at the cutting edge of cybersecurity, SANS.edu is strengthening the cyber workforce through a career-focused curriculum built on proven SANS courses and industry-recognized GIAC certifications.
The SANS Technology Institute is accredited by The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 - 267.284.5000), an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.